Can’t afford Photoshop? No problem! Photopea to the rescue.
Whether you need some quick adjustment to an image or maybe you can’t afford to buy a Photoshop subscription, there is this new cool web-based alternative called Photopea. I was really impressed. It looks a lot and works almost like Photoshop with the difference that you don’t need to download the app to your computer.
- Layers – to split images into several parts
- Layer masks – just generally useful
- Blend modes – specifying, how layers “combine” with each other
- Brush – there must be a way to change the color of pixels
- Selections – choosing, which pixels of layer you want to edit
- Procedural adjustments – changing brightness, hue, saturation, convolutions (blur, sharpening …) etc.
Photopea uses the PSD format as the main format for storing image documents with additional information. All files, that you open in Photopea (such as PNG, JPG, Sketch) are converted to PSD (when they are not PSDs already). When you finish editing, the result can be saved from PSD to other formats.
Photopea also supports many kinds of resources, that can be used for editing the image. You can load your own brushes, gradients, fonts and more, the same way you open images.
Want to give it a try? Hop to photopea.com and let me know what you think in the comments section below.